Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Author (podcast) Request

I am working on material about creativity.  I have been fascinated by the creative process, and creative people, for a long time; as you may know I do intellectual property (patent, trademark, copyright, etc.) law (as well as civil rights law) and IP law is all about creativity.    

I would love any thoughts, insights, etc. etc. our incredible audience might be able to provide, no matter how big or small, and no matter the subject matter, from mechanical inventions to writing to art of all types.  The end result will be a series of podcasts as well as some type of hard copy (TBD).

I can be reached at jchovanes@chovanes.com.  

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Recommended background reading (I.e., book not review)
    http://bookloons.com/cgi-bin/Review.asp?bookid=5976

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tim! Yes I have read it and also his other books (I really like him; in fact he has a great biography of Jesus called, cleverly enough "Jesus A Biography." (God of course is the ultimate creator and human creation is one of the highest ways of emulating God)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Julie, what about human creativity in a world where the Judeo-Christian concept of a supreme godhood does not exist? How to explain such human creativity in such a world then? That's my world, as much as I respect your worldview. Will podcast discuss? - cheers, danny bloom, editor, The Cli-Fi Report www.cli-fi net )( and a longtime fan of Frank's blog here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel I'm not proposing there is any boundary to the scope of creativity -- whether one believes in God or not. I personally think it is a very cool concept that one of the basic tenets of how to be a Christian is to create (in imitation of God, the ultimate creator). But no, my friend, do not think I am restricting anything to that concept -- indeed a necessary foundation for the study of creation as I see it is not to provide any boundaries -- man made, God made, impersonal forces made or whatever. Even something like "brainstorming" (where a bunch of people sit around throwing out concepts, often used in business, scientific and/or engineering settings) has as its rule no boundaries, or negative statements about what is being said -- that may inhibit the flow of the creative process because people will self edit if they are afraid their ideas will be shot down. (Of course, ultimately practical considerations come into play as to how realistic those brainstormed concepts are, but on the other other hand "practical" considerations may ultimately be tissue paper barriers anyway.) And so yes the entire scope of creativity qua creativity will be discussed (I hope). And thank you for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete